Rita Ora - Phoenix Tour
Ladies and gentlemen! The greatest show-woman, Rita Ora!
It was only two days ago when I first saw Rita Ora live! Not to mention that it had been my dream like forever! And, on the 25th of May, I finally got to hear her angelic voice. I was lucky enough to be in the very first line, just next to the bars. Not only did I make friends with so many Ritabots out there but also I had the time of my life singing all of the lyrics to each song. Rita performed her fourth of the UK leg of Phoenix Tour show at Arena Birmingham. She said that was her biggest arena concert outside her hometown, which is London. But enough with the facts, let’s go to the actual show, which, for the record, was fire!
It was only two days ago when I first saw Rita Ora live! Not to mention that it had been my dream like forever! And, on the 25th of May, I finally got to hear her angelic voice. I was lucky enough to be in the very first line, just next to the bars. Not only did I make friends with so many Ritabots out there but also I had the time of my life singing all of the lyrics to each song. Rita performed her fourth of the UK leg of Phoenix Tour show at Arena Birmingham. She said that was her biggest arena concert outside her hometown, which is London. But enough with the facts, let’s go to the actual show, which, for the record, was fire!
Rita performed 21 songs and added Soul Survivor, Cashmere and Coming Home back after a break during her European continental leg. The visuals for the tour were absolutely gracious, beautiful, and artistic. I will never forget the flowers blooming out of her head when the intro to Summer Love started going on. The grand opening was with For You. I feel like Rita divided her show by so many acts on purpose. She wanted to create her "crazy world", as she framed it. I would say the first part was giving us all the emotions. Especially when she performed Only Want You. She got me when the bridge came on! That felt like another dimension. The dimension of music, very very good music. It was something spectacular feeling so... light, so free. Coming back to the acts, I believe the next was fulfilled with catchy, good-vibes songs. I mean, seriously, who would not dance to New Look or Girls. The next one was quite sultry and personal. Songs like Body On Me made it very clear.
Rita Ora changed her outfits six times during an event and she owned each and every one. I especially adore her in the glittery outfit for the second act when she was wearing Emilio Pucci. To everybody's surprise, she even wore the Phoenix costume while singing R.I.P. which, absolutely killed me. Every outfit matched the theme perfectly and, what can I say more, Rita has such a good taste in terms of fashion.
I was going bonkers again when she started performing Carry On (video above) straight after Black Widow. Both of the songs are my essentials forever, so I was literally singing every single word of the lyrics. This is what we call performance. I can even say Rita felt it. She danced like she has never danced before. I love it that she is all about her own music. Perhaps, this is the reason why the Phoenix Tour is such an outstanding experience. One of the highlights was the 70's-themed disco version of Lonely Together. That was such a great transition from the previously performed club hits to such a fresh version of this global chart-topper. However, as far as Rita is concerned, she enjoyed Hell Of A Life the most. She called it the most "vulnerable" song of hers.
Rita Ora only proved to me that she is as a great performer as she is as a singer. She totally owns the stage and gives her fans all they want! My favourite parts of the night were when she sang Only Want You, Black Widow, Carry On, I Will Never Let You Down, New Look, and Anywhere. This one time I nearly cried was at the closing act when Anywhere came on. This song means so much to me and I can say that it is one of my favourite songs of all time. This is probably why I was enjoying myself to each and every second of this musical masterpiece. My only wish is that she could have sung Falling To Pieces which happen to be the best one on the Phoenix album. Hopefully, I would get to listen to it live once.
The Phoenix World Tour is an addiction. The feeling after she goes backstage is just like a cigarette butt on a night out. One just wants more after leaving the concert venue after an hour and a half of walking on air. She is giving me all the feels. I am so glad I could call her one of my cherished artists ever. Well, I guess, I just have to do this - (Rita) Ora et labora!!!
Full Setlist @ Arena Birmingham | 25/05/2019
cc: setlist.fm
Act 1 - The Rise of the Phoenix
1. For You
2. Your Song
3. Doing It
4. Only Want You
Act 2 - If Everything Seems Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough
5. Summer Love
6. New Look
7. Girls & Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper cover)
8. Let You Love Me
Act 3 - Empowering Message
9. Hell Of A Life
10. Cashmere
Act 4
11. Body On Me
12. Soul Survivor
13. I Will Never Let You Down
Act 5 - She Rose Again
14. R.I.P.
15. Keep Talking
16. Black Widow
17. Carry On
18. Coming Home
19. Hot Right Now
Encore - 70s Disco
20. Lonely Together
21. Anywhere





Comments