April 2019 Faves
Hi music friends! April was absolutely the best month of 2019 so far. Not only did I make it to the United States for the first time but also this month's music raised my spirits during this trip. From Carly Rae Jepsen announcing her fourth studio album at the beginning of April to Betta Lemme releasing Play at the very end. I have to say that this time it would be extremely hard for me to pick only some tunes to this recap. Okay, so let's go!
As I already mentioned, the biggest surprise was Jepsen's upcoming album release date which appeared on April 1st and it was no April Fool's Day prank. She did it again! Dedicated is coming out May the 17th and literally, I feel like this is gonna be huge! Carly also released another track - Julien - with its 90's-themed edgy background. After giving it a listen I knew already that she is here to steal the show! Another big surprise was Kygo and Rita Ora collaboration in Carry On - the theme song for Detective Pikachu (release date: 10th May). To be honest, I was a bit scared of what would happen because lately, Kygo failed me with his new projects. Nonetheless, Carry On is a genuine pop masterpiece with its tropical house vibe. I freaking love it! Can't wait for Rita singing it live at her concert in the UK later in May. What is more, Betta shocked me with Play. Guys, I am telling you, if you haven't done it already, you should go and check this out because, trust me, this piece is going to go viral any minute from now. The Canadian singer linked electropop with European dance hits and it is massive! And last, but not least, Estelle with Kanye West came back after 11 years after the global success of American Boy. Only this time it's a trio with Lost Frequencies! The bang is still the same and this song is just timeless, no matter whether it is an old or a new version.
However, there is also a list of some great songs released in April 2019 which I haven't mentioned above.
However, there is also a list of some great songs released in April 2019 which I haven't mentioned above.
▶️ Ellie Goulding - Sixteen
▶️ Au/Ra - Assassin
▶️ Daddy Yankee ft. Katy Perry & Snow - Con Calma Remix
▶️ Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
▶️ Hey Violet - Better By Myself
▶️ Augustine - Scent Of Lily
▶️ Blackpink - Kill This Love
▶️ Emmit Fenn - Control
This month I do not have a favourite album; however, I was listening to Taylor Swift's reputation a lot. If I were to choose one I would say it is Hurts 2B Human by P!NK but I still haven't finished listening to it. Anyway, you are more than welcome to pop in here, to my blog anytime soon to check its review of Pink's latest music baby.
And when it comes to my favourite music video of April, it is Carry On by Kygo & Rita Ora. This Pokémon-themed, mysterious and just interesting movie is all I was asking for. Beautiful Rita is looking for her own small magical pet. The music video is fulfilled with the stills from the already mentioned movie and I literally can't be more curious about it.
▶️ Au/Ra - Assassin
▶️ Daddy Yankee ft. Katy Perry & Snow - Con Calma Remix
▶️ Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
▶️ Hey Violet - Better By Myself
▶️ Augustine - Scent Of Lily
▶️ Blackpink - Kill This Love
▶️ Emmit Fenn - Control
This month I do not have a favourite album; however, I was listening to Taylor Swift's reputation a lot. If I were to choose one I would say it is Hurts 2B Human by P!NK but I still haven't finished listening to it. Anyway, you are more than welcome to pop in here, to my blog anytime soon to check its review of Pink's latest music baby.
And when it comes to my favourite music video of April, it is Carry On by Kygo & Rita Ora. This Pokémon-themed, mysterious and just interesting movie is all I was asking for. Beautiful Rita is looking for her own small magical pet. The music video is fulfilled with the stills from the already mentioned movie and I literally can't be more curious about it.
Comments