January 2019 faves

New year, new contents, and new music! I decided to create something new and share with you my favourite pieces of art in January 2019. You can find absolutely anything related to music here. Here we go.

I absolutely fell in love with Ariana's new song - 7 Rings. I think this one was my most listened song in the passing month. I just love the way she mixed the sultry voice with the posh pink theme. 7 Rings is the perfect specimen of the songs which we need but have no idea about that. Moreover. I had come across the new face - MIO on Twitter and with some further digging, I eventually blessed my ears with Lost. This is the perfect company for not only the winter cold days but also spring outdoor evenings. I love it! Another great tune is the December-released Give It by Betta Lemme. You may know her from the hit single Bambola or collaboration with Sofi Tukker on Awoo. The sultry, steamy, and shocking song is what we can easily categorise as some gloomy tunes. But Give It has an edge and I feel like this is the direction which Betta should follow.



My trip to London in mid-January was fulfilled with the songs from Sweetener by Miss Grande. I have finally appreciated the appearance of her fourth studio album. Till now - successful is my favourite one (besides the singles) and I am absolutely feeling myself while listening to it. Ariana made a pretty good women appreciation album and I am happy I finally came of age and gave it a second chance. Also, Julia Michaels made a comeback with her Inner Monologue Part 1. The album is all about being honest with oneself and I assume that it was supposed to be focused on lyrics more than music. To be honest, this is not the thing I would come back to so often. It is good for reading a book or just take some time to ruminate on a rainy day. Lyrics are a masterpiece, though. The best part of this EP is the duet with Selena Gomez called Anxiety because you can feel the empowering message behind the song and the true friendship beaming between the singers. 



It is already February so I can tell that my favourite music video of January 2019 was (drumroll, please) Dancing With A Stranger by Sam Smith and Normani. It came out at the end of the month but stole my heart immediately. Mild and subtle surroundings, calm voices, and the holograms create the scenery of the lonely heart outside. Chapeau-bas to the director, Vaughan Arnell.

Comments