Pink - Hurts 2B Human (2019) | Review

I guess I do not have to introduce you to P!nk - one of the biggest singers of all time. She has just released her 8th studio album (16th with her greatest hits, concert, and compilation albums). She is mostly known for her rebellious, edgy and colourful music videos and lyrics. She is indeed a bit crazy and this is why people love her. But as time is flying by, Alecia Moore is growing and so does her music. She has already proven enough that she is a grown-up, for instance, with her The Truth About Love album released back in 2012. Even though her career is evolving and she constantly tries new things, her most up-to-date baby is not even in half of her previous achievements. Let's find out why Hurts 2B Human is, well, as it is.

https://wmh.pinkspage.com/assets/img/album.jpg
The release of the album was preceded by four (promo?) singles - Walk Me Home, Hustle, Can We Pretend, Hurts 2B Human (ft. Khalid). And to be honest with you, none of the above was more than a week in my daily playlist. Songs are boring, weariful, and not original. The only thing which really deserves a bit of credit is Hustle which is indeed a good one if released a few years back. Even though, I enjoyed listening to it (especially when in New York City where hustle got its definition from). Can We Pretend in collaboration with Cash Cash should not even appear for an artist such as P!nk. Sorry not sorry, but this one is one of the worst songs of 2019 so far and, believe me, I would not be the only one telling you this. That infantile piece of music does not even tell a full story. It feels like a draft not even done in a quarter. I am extremely disappointed with Can We Pretend and I expected something big from Cash Cash whose Take Me Home (with Bebe Rexha) is one of my favourite songs of all time. Moving on, the rest of the album is as null as the singles are. Absolutely rash and fast production is the biggest mistake in here. I don't know whether P!nk wanted to be considered as the teen star again but in a different decennium. (Hey Why) Miss You Sometimes sounds like the old times from her and I quite enjoy listening to this one. I do like the very last one on the tracklist - The Last Song Of Your Life as well. This powerful, sad and moody piece is all that I would love to hear from a strong woman like Alecia. The adorable ending with three ballads gives this album some decency but still, this is not what I came for. All things considered, this album is 4 out of 10 mostly because I expected something absolutely different. Her previous album, Beautiful Trauma was something. When we compare Hurts 2B Human to her previous pieces, this is at the very end. And just to mention, this album is not bad. It is just not good for P!nk and her great voice. So can we pretend that we like this album to support P!nk? This is all. See you in the next post!


Comments