June 2019 Faves
Hi friends! Welcome back to BMI. Today's post is all about praising what happened in the music industry in June and what pieces of music I found extremely lush. This June was full of fierce and positive vibes songs; however, as it happens in the UK - it rains pretty much, I had some time listening to the striped side of my playlists as well. Having said that I will make sure you will read about Kygo, Spice Girls, Taylor Swift, Kim Petras and some drag queens (it was a pride month after all!!!) Let's go!
First of all, I totally enjoyed listening to the whole discography of Kim Petras. My essential was (and still is) her previous album - Turn Off The Lights Vol.1 from 2018 and its album-titled single. The Halloween-themed songs got me chills. What is more, after attending two concerts of Spice Girl I took a closer look at their albums and I discovered If U Can't Dance. Little did I know that 90's music would make me move my hips so damn much. DJ Snake released Loco Contigo - a collaboration with J Balvin and Tyga. If I am being honest, it is becoming a bit null after a few tries but it's still a hell of a production. Preach! Obviously, Taylor Swift saved pop music once again with a full house of positivity and being proud in her You Need To Calm Down! She is unstoppable (watch out, SB and the other rats!). Give a listen to Felix Jaehn's Love On Myself, Spada's You're Not Alone, and Kygo's Norwegian Kem Kan En Ringe. Let's not forget about Miley Cyrus's alter ego - Ashley O who has just released two brand new songs! On A Roll is literally on a roll on charts all over the world. We stan the new Hannah Montana. I promised you a drag queen and here she is - Monét x Change whose single Beyoncé came out recently. Girl, this song slays. Every single day I play it on my way to work and I never felt more fierce than within this 2:57. Nevertheless, my favourite piece of June's releases is an iconic-to-be collab of two great artists - Kygo x Whitney Hoston. I was a bit scared of what's gonna happen with Higher Love, but thankfully, Whitney's fans are all about the new version of her Japanese 1990 release song.
When it comes to albums, I fell in love with Kim Petras's Clarity and Late Night Feelings by Mark Ronson. Petras's second longplay baby is serving us how the future pop music would sound like while Ronson's mature album is perfect for, indeed, late night thoughts, bottles of wine and feeling the summer at its finest.
And, last but not least - my favourite music video of June 2019 is God Control by Madonna with its powerful message.
When it comes to albums, I fell in love with Kim Petras's Clarity and Late Night Feelings by Mark Ronson. Petras's second longplay baby is serving us how the future pop music would sound like while Ronson's mature album is perfect for, indeed, late night thoughts, bottles of wine and feeling the summer at its finest.
And, last but not least - my favourite music video of June 2019 is God Control by Madonna with its powerful message.
Comments