Julia Michaels - Inner Monologue Parts 1&2 (2019) | Review

Little did we know that Julia Michaels would release another EP instead of a full longplay. After a flop with her first baby (Nervous System from 2017), she did not stop and kept producing and creating music. At the beginning of the year, she revealed her next project - Inner Monologue. This one is divided into two parts. The very first one (consisted of duets with Selena Gomez and Niall Horan) was much more personal when the second part, which came out recently, is mostly concerned about relationships. Julia won't be known for this album. What is more, it is very unlikely to appear on the charts. However, this is not important. Inner Monologue touches something much more vital than sales. Julia is all about mental health. It is not about music, it is not about a catchy vibe, it is not about production. It is about the lyrics. This is exactly why it has a special place in my heart.

genius.com
As I mentioned before, this is not a project you come back to often. In my case, it was more like a week listening after the release date. However, the power in the record is so damn uplifting. Inner Monologue raises your spirits! It is a record which has your back, which you listen to when in need. The only ones which could actually be used as the singles are What A Time with Niall Horan, Deep, and Fucked Up, Kinda in the duo with Role Model. My favourite pieces, though, are Anxiety with the brilliant appearance of Selena Gomez, nostalgic 17, Body, Into You, and sweeping Happy. I remember listening to Julia Michaels's new music baby for the very first time and it was all the feels. This record started to cure my anxiety, literally. It is about time that the music industry should focus on something else than same-sex love and some broken hearts. This review is different than my previous ones cause I concentrated on feelings rather than the actual music. But I believe this is the outcome Julia wanted to accomplish. She wanted people to feel safe and be cared for. And I prepared some of the best quotes from Inner Monologue to lift all of us. This is pure art.

I've been told that I could take something to fix it Damn, I wish it, I wish it was that simple, ah     Anxiety
I'd sniff glitter if it'd help me feel something real And if it was my birthday, I'd make a wish     Happy
And sometimes I think I kill relationships for art I start up all this shit to watch 'em fall apart I pay my bills with it, I watch 'em fall apart     Happy 
I want, I want, I wanna love me right Don't want you on my mind                            Falling For Boys 
Hear Paris in the fall is beautiful I haven't seen it, though Hear all of my friends are getting old I haven't seen 'em, though I wanna riot in the street So confined, I could scream I hear my boyfriend's beautiful I haven't seen him, though                                Work Too Much 
I wanna look in the mirror and tell it that it's beautiful like you do     Body 
 

Comments