May 2019 Faves

Unfortunately, we just said goodbye to my favourite month which is May. A month of pink skies, caramel frappucino, endless daydreaming, blooming flowers, and, well, my birthday 🌸 And as it happens - it has been the best month for the music industry as well. So many great comebacks and a fair amount of outstanding content from the highly-acclaimed artists. I mean, seriously, May's music could easily be distributed by at least 12 months. Carly Rae Jepsen, Jon Bellion, Miley Cyrus, Rita Ora, Charli XCX, and many, many more to appear further in this article. Scroll down now!



My absolute highlight of this month was Too Much, the newest single by Carly Rae Jepsen. This slow but extremely catchy piece of music is literally too much for me to take. I am over the moon that she eventually decided for this one to promote her fourth studio album (but we will talk about it later). I loved Rita Ora in collaboration with Tiesto and Jonas Blue in Ritual. I mean, has she ever recorded something bland? I don't think so! This song came out on the last day of May and I already know all the lyrics (call me a freak!). Moving on to Herve Pagez with Charli XCX and Diplo in Spice. This one is a follow-up to Spice Girls' biggest hit up-to-date - Wannabe. We should also appreciate Illenium x Jon Bellion's Good Things Fall Apart, Todrick Hall's Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels, Lana Del Rey's cover of Sublime's Doin' Time, and last, but not least - Mark Ronson with YEBBA in Don't Leave Me Lonely.

For the best album of the month, I couldn't resist but choose two. One is a longplay by a Canadian GRAMMY-nominated artist and the other is an EP by one of the greatest singers for the 90's kids. I believe you know already who will it be. The former is, obviously, Dedicated by Carly Rae Jepsen. With her fourth album, she established a trademark style and created a handful of bops along the way (including Right Words Wrong Time). Read the review of Dedicated by clicking H E R E.  The latter is the first part of the big project by Miley Cyrus. Her EP, She Is Coming features hits like Cattitude and Party On The Streets. She snapped. Oh, has someone seen my wig?


And here we go with the last bit of today's post. The best music video of May 2019 is... Started by Iggy Azalea. Just watch it! It is strange but posh and unconventional at the same time! Iggy is back, biatch.


Can we also take a minute, or four minutes and six seconds to appreciate Rita Ora's vocals in Carry On live with Kygo at Jimmy Fallon's? I bet, we can!


Comments