Spice World Tour 2019

Spice Up Your Life might have been one of the most popular phrases in the nineties and Wannabe might have been one of the best songs at the same time but there goes the question - are they still so recognisable? It has been 23 years since Spice Girls formed the group. Despite the fact that they decided to go on different paths and focus on different solo projects too soon, they will always be known as one of the Spices. And here we are again, two decades later, watching girls reuniting on the scene during Spice World Tour 2019. This is their first live act since the 2012 Olympic Games in London. However, this time we won't see Victoria Beckham singing due to personal commitments. 


I had a chance to attend both nights of Spice World in Coventry, at Ricoh Stadium. Both, great nights, which raised my spirits so damn much. I was on cloud nine listening to the songs of my parents' young adulthood times. Not to mention that I hardly knew the lyrics. I was jamming with people twice my age and it didn't stop me from just feeling myself. Girl, I even updated my playlists and added several spicy hits! And all of that happened on June 3rd and 4th, a few days after Charli XCX, Herve Pagez and Diplo released their collaboration. They served a fresh, 2019-version of Wannabe and I am all about it!

Stop right now, thank you very much! If you know these lyrics I am sure you would have fun at the Spice World 2019! Oh wait, I did not and still enjoyed! Girls welcomed everybody after performing the second song with Geri's words "Spice Girls! Spice Boys! Whoever you are. Welcome to Spice World! Coventry. Tonight is your night and we are gonna celebrate"! The whole act was fulfilled with the 'love yourself' actions and there was a queer tango performance. So, girls went wild but believe me, it was so powerful and so damn uplifting.

   


The highlights of the nights were listening to Too Much, If U Can't Dance with Geri's Spanish verse (video below), We Are Family (Sisters Sledge's cover), Say You'll Be There, Who Do You Think You Are?, and, obviously, Wannabe. The last one was the encore and this is exactly when the stadium was flying. I loved when Mel C waved with the LGBT flag the other night while singing the exact song. I was swinging, shaking, moving, making it while screaming to Who Do You Think You Are? with a couple of other fans. Nevertheless, the best part was being one of over forty thousand people gathered in the stadium singing the chorus of Say You'll Be There. I felt like a proper Spice Boy at the time. However, there was another special moment. When Spice Girls started with Viva Forever! I saw people's tears flowing down their cheeks. A truly magical experience. 

I am so grateful that I got to see Mel B (Scary Spice), Melanie C (Sporty Spice), Emma Bunton (Baby Spice), and Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice and my personal fav) during their UK Stadium Tour.  Did I mention that both, Emma and Geri pointed and blinked at me during the second night? I will never forget the endless power of theirs while singing and the way I felt about the music of my parents. My resolution is to get to know more about the 90's music and study it in depth. Wish me luck! So, yeah, Spice Girls are still freaking recognisable. I would even say that they are slaying being moms and still having a hell of a groove! Thank you for reading my experience of hearing Spice Girls live. And as for now - relax with a cuppa and enjoy a bunch of videos from Spice World 2019.

Comments