February 2019 faves
Hello again! I kind of liked the idea of creating this small monthly summary of what happened in music. February was very merciful for our ears because we got a lot of new tunes from a lot of great artists. Not to mention BRIT Awards, the Oscars, and the Grammys alongside the big events happening in the past month. February was amazing and I can't wait to show you what I have prepared today. Let's start then.
Ariana Grande favoured us with her highly anticipated fifth studio album thank u, next. Little did we know that in the same month her previous baby Sweetener would get the Album of the Year Award at the Grammys 2019. This girl rocks and she now becomes one of the biggest names in the music industry ever. With beating herself on the top of the UK airplay and peaking the highest spots on the worldwide charts, it is virtually impossible for someone not to hear about the ponytail girl. On thank u, next we can hear the biggest hits like NASA, needy, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored, bad idea, and basically the whole tracklist. This album is just magnificent.
Diplo also made a comeback with his solo project Europa where we can listen to some French, Spanish, Dutch, German, and English R'n'B' tunes. I would not say it is his best work but this EP is quite good to listen just to ummm, listen. There is nothing special to capture my attention. It is just fine. But if I were to choose, the best song it would be Dip Raar with Bizzey and Ramiks.
My favourite and must-hear songs from February are:
▶️ Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
▶️ Benny Blanco, Tainy, Selena Gomez, J Balvin - I Can't Get Enough
▶️ Tymek - Poza KontrolÄ…
▶️ Carly Rae Jepsen - No Drug Like Me
▶️ Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You
▶️ Calvin Harris ft. Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant (Robin Schulz Remix)
▶️ Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
▶️ Disclosure - January
Obviously, the biggest surprise was to hear some news from Queen Carly. Not only did she announce that Now That I Found You is the lead song for Netflix's series Queer Eye Season 3 but also blessed us with the new 80's-themed pop masterpiece No Drug Like Me. Queen of never disappointing her fans. My biggest discovery is January by Disclosure. This song was released a few years ago but only now slipped into my hands. I love it! When it comes to Selena's new collaboration with J Balvin, it could have been something better. It isn't a total disaster, though. I expected something way worse after Blanco teased it on his Social Media. This is just some trap latino music with a few infantile lyrics and chords. But I enjoy listening to this sultry Gomez's voice.
And last but not least, my favourite music video of February is... Last Hurrah by Bebe Rexha. This sultry, nasty, and very hot film is all about excuses of one's well-being before the deadline of diet, rehab, or detox hits. I especially adore the aesthetic concepts here and the contrast between good and evil Bebe! Joseph Kahn, the director of this music video has also directed mv for Toxic by Britney Spears and Taylor Swift's Bad Blood.
And yet, we have to appreciate the outstanding and show-stopping performance of Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper at this year's Oscars. Chapeau-bas!
Comments