Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019) | Review
Some may ask what does this eighteen-year-old singer bring to music. Well, she knows the definition of the word 'music' better than half of the people in the industry. Billie Eilish has created her very own style and at a young age and she currently holds the title of being a global sensation. As she says in the interviews - half of her songs are about her and some of them are just commercial; her aim is that the listener would never distinguish which is what. With her second longplay, she does not stop surprising all of us. Her songs are not suitable to be played on the radio; however, she still makes herself a hot topic and an outstanding artist. She titled her new album using the lyrics from bury a friend - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?. And my question is where I would go after listening to this brave piece of music. Let's go to the review.
![]() |
| https://popheart.pl/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DyoO9T3WwAAJxIg.jpg |
Billie put her four previous singles on the tracklist with nine new songs. The one which starts WWAFAWDWG? is a bad guy. This gorgeous piece is all about simplicity. Billie serves us the same, monotonous music background until 2:30 when the song changes itself into a completely another one. We go from a synth-pop queen to the R'n'B performer. She says she is a bad guy and this song is proof for that. Next in the queue is xanny, which, to be honest, did not click in my case. I don't enjoy listening to the revved-up bass all the time. A different story is with you should see me in the crown or when the party's over. The former is slutty, bloody, and dark piece when the latter evokes sadness and sympathy. They were the first ones to promote this album and Billie and her team could not have chosen better. I especially adore all the good girls go to hell, quite pop-ish my strange addiction, mysterious ilomilo, and gloomy goodbye. All of them brings phenomenal and impressive new sounds and experience to my head. This is truly magic that she truly shapes a new definition of music. It is fresh, it is lovely, it is curious, it is everything. I have to praise wish you were gay for its timeless and edgy structure. With the modern synth and dated guitar sounds, it happens to be one of my favourites song this spring.
I don't know what lives inside this girl but she is unstoppable. She made me sit overnight and wait for the album to drop and I am not disappointed at all. Even though I feel like I am being possessed by a devil at times while listening to her, I still enjoy feeling this anxiety and internal loss. I guess I just have to say 'thank you' to Billie Eilish for representing my emotions and the youth all over the world with this album. She is a true music blessing in the industry at the moment. With this in mind, it is to no surprise that WWAFAWDWG? is the best album this year so far (or maybe equal to thank u. next by Ariana Grande). Listening to goodbye I am finishing this review with pressing the 'replay' button for the seventh time today.

Comments