Rita Ora - Phoenix (2018) | Review

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.madeinkatana.com/warners/uploads/5ba4367ff0d5f.jpg
She will take you anywhere and will regret not spending a night with you. Rita Ora and her sophomore album Phoenix just landed on streaming platforms and stores near you. After six years of harsh and challenging years for her music, she is finally back with her massive voice and outstanding beauty. The Kosovan singer has been releasing songs since 2012. Even though she may have had her second album done in 2014 after her smash hit I Will Never Let You Down, she got some considerable arguments with her ex and then she got sued by her record label, which eventually left her with nothing she worked on. Anyway, Phoenix is something which is more than worth to wait for. Having such bops as Anywhere, Let You Love Me, For You, or Falling To Pieces no one can walk past it indifferently. Those who know me, understand that Rita is one of my favourite musicians and I have been waiting for this masterpiece to drop since ages. And I can finally unwind to her angelic voice and continue walking on life path in a completely new light with Ora's music in headphones.

https://www.theplace2.ru/archive/rita_ora/img/2018_phoenix_3.jpg
Rita Ora starts her music history with Anywhere. This song is something magical. I truly adore every single second of this timeless song. I am still listening to it on a daily basis despite it being released over a year ago. Anywhere changed the rules of what we call an iconic pop song and wrote its name across my heart. One can feel ecstasy, shed tears, having a time of one's life, or just clearly appreciate the power of the song. No more words, just listen! Then we are going to the third single - Let You Love Me. This relatable, sad, and extremely catchy bop is essential for autumn cold nights and an absolute hit for every too-soon-outwalker of the parties. Emotions are beyond this world in the acoustic version of this tune. Now goes the newbie... New Look. No wonder why she chose this title - this is a truly new look of music. Piano-themed, inspired by late '90s, house banger should be included on a playlist of the best songs of 2018! Rita Ora paid an incredible tribute to Avicii by putting their duet in Lonely Together. Smash hit back from 2017 presented Ora to even a bigger audience and opened her doors to the EDM music (apart from Hot Right Now from 2012). The thing is that I cannot find any bad songs in here. Even overestimated first single Your Song - sister of Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran has this addicting melody to dance to. Only Want You and First Time High are next fresh tunes at Phoenix. The former makes me feel extremely calm by the steamy voice of Ora and the latter is just another example of why I love her so much. You can hear the singer's high notes and vocal performance of her mezzo-soprano.

             

Having an opportunity to sing in a lead single for the last part of Grey movie trilogy, Rita made the most of it. Extremely sensual and powerful song with Liam Payne turns the heat up. I remember driving to my prom listening to this massive hit. I wish I had been running with Rita in the rose garden in the music video for For You. I am kind of disappointed in Summer Love with Rudimental. This song was the one I was waiting for the most and it is the worst on the album. Sadly, I can't hear a genuine Rita in here - it's more Rudimental's song. Up next is Girls in the terrific and iconic collaboration with Bebe Rexha, Charli XCX, and Cardi B. This open-minded and funny anthem was a great companion for this year's holidays. I just don't get it why it wasn't a hit. Girls has legs and an enormous amount of talent in it. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. Let's not forget about a great tune for a long summer evening - Hell Of A Life. This is a follow-up to Anywhere and I am so happy that it powerfully closes the regular edition of the album. I love the beginning: Black days/ No headings on the freeway. I have to praise songs which were released as deluxe sneak peeks of the album in the releasing week. Sensual Cashmere, show-stopping trumpet-themed Falling To Pieces, and stripped-down Velvet Rope. All of them made me so extremely curious and eager for what's to come from Rita. The last but not least, Soul Survivor - a confession of a toxic relationship from Rita. You can hear how fierce Rita's voice is in here. She sounds truly touched, raging, and ready to speak up about her experience in love. I've been waiting for something like that. Preach girl!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/65/0d/37650d2ec13f581658c405cc0105cab5.jpg
Rita Ora with her ground-breaking Phoenix will gain a huge success at the music market. She is finally a global music, acting, and modelling star and a role model for Ritabots all around the world. Rita is a beautiful mature woman who seems to know everything about the show-business industry. I enjoyed this album with all my heart and I am looking forward to her concert in May 2019. I wish British singer would score multiple number ones with her sophomore album, especially on the UK charts. Her highly-anticipated album is all I have been waiting for. Every single song is different and shows the authentic side of Ora.  However, I will never get over the decline of now long-forgotten Poison and Body On Me which would suit there perfectly. After releasing Phoenix, she is the one who deals the cards and rolls the dices. Keep it up girl! 

Comments