Malomiasteczkowa miXtura [The Smalltown miXture]

Hey! Today I will be reviewing two new albums by some of the biggest music stars in Poland - Dawid Podsiadło and Lanberry. These are not their debuts but they managed to stay on the Polish charts for very long. Now, they are back to steal their fans hearts and ears once again. I hope my English readers will give a chance to some of my country's music - you won't regret it. I left my translations of Polish titles in the brackets below. Enjoy!



https://www.vogue.pl/uploads/repository/dawid_podsiadlo/dawidpodsiadlo-
malomiasteczkowy-final-300dpi-3000px.jpg
Dawid Podsiadło - Małomiasteczkowy [Smalltownish]

We start out the journey with Cantate Tutti with a hidden message from Dawid. At first, you can only hear some noises, but after deeper inspection, you can find actual words. Może zaczniesz słuchać jeśli nie słuchasz już [Maybe you will start listening if you haven't yet]. Absolutely love the idea of the Italian title which means Everybody sings.  Next up are Dżins [Jeans] and Małomiasteczkowy. The latter is the first single from this Polish pop masterpiece. These songs may become null after listening to them every day on the radio, but they are always a great companion to long car trips. My favourite from the album is Następny Klip [Next record] with a vintage sound. I don't know how did he manage to create such an addicting pop song after having a lot of experience with rock music. I truly love the fourth song on the tracklist. This review would not be full without mentioning Nie Ma Fal [There Are No Waves] - the second single. Energetic and steamy bop is reigning on Polish airplay. No wonder why since it's background is genuinely well-produced and catchy. This piece of art has finally brought me around to Podsiadło. I have never really enjoyed his music and he was kind of neutral for me. Ok, he appeared in some music shows, his music was actively being played in public radios so we came across each other very often. But with Małomiasteczkowy, he made a very good step in his career. Podsiadło showed that there is a chance for polish music on the European market. I hope he will make a big commercial success with this album because he totally deserves it.


Lanberry - miXtura [miXture]
https://media.merlin.pl/media/original/000/016/129/5bb61e8ec8daa.jpg

Lanberry came back after her reedition of the self-titled debut in 2017. Even though she didn't make it to Eurovision with an unquestionable bop - Only Human, she gained an outstanding crowd of fans. The essentials on the miXtura are Ostatni Most [Till It's Gone], Come With Me, Nie ma Mnie [I Am Not Here], Here We Are, Inna [Different], and High On Us with Jakub Moreau. First single Ostatni Most and its English equivalent - [Till It's Gone] -  are the perfect specimens for this young lady's power. But Lanberry also introduced us to her greatest one up-to-date. Nie Ma Mnie - mid-tempo, sensual, and exceptional song with the tropical house intrusions. I have to hail the duet with Moreau as well. This 90's-themed bop is something to which no one would not dance or fidget. This is an adventure to sunny LA, to the concrete jungle of New York's buildings, or to the dancefloor with Destiny's Child back in years. Lanberry made an enormous progress in her voice and music production. I love these sounds! Keep it up, girl! I am looking for the next projects of hers.

Comments