July 2019 Faves

What's up party people? Welcome back to Bua's Music Industry. Today we will take a closer look at what happened in July 2019. I need to tell you that I was travelling a bit this month and that is exactly why some of the reviews are being in the early stage of writing. But do come over there frequently because they might be posted any day from now. But, coming back to the favourite pieces of music from the past month I would like to focus more on the albums since we got a handful of them which extremely deserve to be acknowledged. Let's start then.

First of all, the songs! This time I will not be writing something about each of them as it used to happen in my previous posts. It is not because I am lazy (that would be a shame if someone does not praise them). It is because there are way too many of them and I won't be taking your time. You can use these minutes or even hours listening to the little cuties in the list below instead. I am just going to add that my absolute favourite one was Hate Me by Ellie Goulding and Juicy WRLD. Also - as the new season of Stranger Things came out I became addicted to the remix of the Theme Song by C418 (and I am going to out it down below)




▪️Ellie Goulding ft. Juicy WRLD - Hate Me
▪️Stranger Things - Theme Song (C418 Remix)
▪️DJ Snake ft. ZHU - No More
▪️Jax Jones x Bebe Rexha - Harder
▪️Ofelia - Zaraz
▪️Gryffin x Carly Rae Jepsen - OMG
▪️Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
▪️Pablo Vittar ft. Charli XCX - Flash Pose
▪️Antek Smykiewicz - Neony
▪️Jonas Blue - I Wanna Dance
▪️Rudimental ft. Preditah & MORGAN - Mean That Much

And, as I mentioned before, I would like to focus on albums. I counted four which have to be tested at least once! First of all, Iggy Azalea and her In My Defense. After a few harsh years, the Australian rapper has finally recorded her second studio album with nothing than just her name on the credits. She started from the bottom and she's here - and we are there with her because this album is full of bops. Next one - DJ Snake with his White Card (original: Carte Blanche). The longplay contains a global smash hit - Taki Taki and is full of club bangers with No More and Fuego on the lead. I gotta mention K.Flay and her Solutions. I was waiting for this one for so long. She started teasing it at the beginning of 2019 and I was there for Sister and Good News since the very first listen. You do want to hear Not In California as well. And last, but not least - Ed Sheeran and an album full of collabs. Those who know me well, understand that Ed and I are not very close music friends. I like some of his songs but that is it. However, No.6 Collaborations Projects is so damn diverse that this time there was no way I would not like something. It is finally about music, not bad feelings! I mean, have you heard Antisocial, Cross Me, BLOW, or Nothing On You? If not - girl - you better educate yourself.



The last part of my monthly issue, as usual, is the best music video. And this time the award goes to ... Sam Smith and Miley Cyrus. I guess they have to share it since both, dance video to How Do You Sleep? and feminist movie to Mother's Daughter, are phenomenal. Just, just, just take a look.


Comments