Ariana Grande - thank u, next (2019) | Review

The new queen of pop music has surprised us all with her newest album titled just as her latest iconic single. Thank u. next may still fall behind its ascendants; however, it is a bow to the R'n'B' music and a totally new chapter in her career which presumably will become her most successful one. Followed by the hit and record-breaking singles - thank u, next and 7 rings, undoubtedly, Ariana is becoming one of the most recognisable singers ever.  Fun fact about the album is that it came out exactly 5 months and 22 days after Sweetener, meanwhile, the Manchester attack happened on 05/22/2017. Imagine her paying a tribute mind. Let's spring to my review of this masterpiece.


http://static.universal-music.de/asset_new/478038/195/view/Ariana-Grande---thank-u--next---Cover.jpg
We are starting with the promo single released at the end of last year - imagine. This slow, artistic piece of music is a show of Ariana's vocal skills especially in the outro after 2:20. Angelic. Ari shows her sensual version in needy with some steamy verses like And I’ma scream and shout for what I love / Passionate, but I don't give no fucks. Then goes the 90s'-themed positive anthem about not getting involved in the relationships - bloodline. My favourite piece of music here is bad idea, though. I feel like this one is a follow-up to God is a woman but tells a completely different, story. In a song from Sweetener we listen to the inspired woman who is the leader in the relationship; meanwhile, her newest piece is all about forgetting about her 'bad ideas', her exes, and, well, herself. I love her voice in here and the acoustic slow-paced version of the song is the last minute. I assume that Ariana memorises Mac Miller in ghostin because of the very emotional and private lyrics: He just comes to visit me / When I'm dreaming every now and then / And after all that we been through. This time Miss Grande decided to put all of her singles from this era at the very end to create a retardation effect. In this case, we happen to have a little throwback to her first-ever number one on Billboard 100 in the USA with thank u. next just to jump to her newest single - break up with your boyfriend, i'm bored to admire Ariana's confidence and girl power. The latter is an outstanding specimen of how the music should be produced these days - a few R'n'B' vibes with some pop led by feisty lyrics. Let's not forget about 7 rings which is the biggest shock in music this year so far. Catchy, minimalistic, posh, and pinky tune is an anthem of people who just got paid ;) Songs I regard as the absolute essentials are bad idea7 ringsbreak up with your girlfriend, i'm boredfake smileghostin, and thank u. next. Nonetheless, this album is way better than her previous one (it is probably because Pharrell Williams did not interfere with music on thank u, next). I do recommend this longplay especially for long lonely nights and spring cloudy days. Keep it up, Ari-Chan (ありちゃん).



Comments