Kodaline - Politics Of Living (2018) | Review
![]() |
| https://resources.mynewsdesk.com/image/upload/yx0nel1cn4jx3n1w8xss.jpg |
The Irish music band just released its third studio album. As we all know how good they are at mixing sensual, calm tunes with great pop bops, it shouldn't be a surprise that Politics Of Living is another big album from the group members. With every year the popularity of these four extraordinary men increases and they could be next number one with this album. Let me introduce you to one of the best albums of 2018.
Here I am, listening to new Kodaline thing with some sips of polish strawberry beer and enjoying every single second of it. This record knows the drill. With Follow Your Fire starting Politics Of Living one can run away over the hills. This one reminds me of Kygo's first album with a few house sounds. Then, the candidate for an autumn chart-topper hits us. Obviously, I mean Hide And Seek. Unfortunately, not everything is so bright on the tracklist. I don't enjoy Shed A Tear and Head Held High. They seem to be outtakes and sound like cribbing from any other boys bands' endless happy songs. This is not what I expected in here. Coming back to what's good there - let's take a look at Born Again, which gives me chills. This is just the calm before the storm because acoustical I Wouldn't Be and pop masterpiece Don't Come Around are coming. Don't get distracted by the constant switching from moody songs to the danceable ones. I can imagine Kodaline doing it on purpose just to make us even more addicted to the Politics Of Living. Suddenly, Brother comes on. This tear-jerker fulfils this album. Perfect! And last but not least, Temple Bar - charming and gooey piece of music to sweeten our minds once again before the waiting for the next big thing from Kodaline. The album is worth giving a chance and recommending it. Most of the songs are well-produced with catchy or curious themes. As I said, I do have fun listening to this and I consider Politics Of Living as one of the greatest longplays this year.

Comments